Established – Initial formation of an organization / committee / or an action to create a corps.
Founder – Person(s) largely or solely responsible for the creation of the corps.
First Known Documentation – First known Documentation of existence.
Last Known Documentation – Last known documentation of existence. See References.
Last Field Show – The last known year the corps fielded a complete show*
Disbanded – Known date of death*
Highest DCI ranking – Highest finish at DCI Championships
Colors – Listed if known
*Some corps have been resuscitated more times than a CPR dummy. Only the most recent date in the 60’s or 70’s is recorded for the purposes of this website.
Text in RED are hyperlinks to more data.
- 1964 Seattle Thunderbirds show program
- 1967 Seattle Thunderbirds show program
- From the Seattle Cascades Wiki (subject to violent disagreement)
- Random internet data including Wiki’s.
- DCX – Drum Corps Experience. http://www.dcxmuseum.org/
- Drum Corps History Podcast. http://dicemanradio.com/dhp/?cat=46
- Historic DCI Attendance List. http://xkingsmen.com/content/over-400-drum-corps-have-performed-dci
- 1967 (January) issue of Drum Corps News
- 1967 (January 21) “Pacific Northwest & Alaska” Thunderbird news article.
- 1976 Cascades show program
- 1974 Sentinels show program
- 1973 NWDCA Championship program
- 1962-63 and 1964 LK Corps photos
- 1970 Optirama show Program
- 1967 Optirama show Program
- 1961 Thunderbirds Midwinter Show
- 1963 NW C21, Dec 4th or May 22, news article
- 1964 April 18, TB NW Championships news article
- 1965 Shamrocks show program
- Oregon Crusaders website
- 1965 Jack Avery letter to the Thunderbirds and parents
- 1967 Hawks profile
- 1965 Portland OR, American Legion – Finals
- 1966 Pacific and Alaska news article
- 1965 ( June 6) Portland Rose Parade. Link below.
- 1973 Patriots show program
- 1982 (July 8) Statesman Journal article
- 1929 (June 18) Spokesman-Review and August 21, 1931 Spokesman-Review
- 1960 (January 14) News – L-K Corps Joins Assn
- Information provided by Steve Vickers of Drum Corps World
- 1977 (Aug 18) News – The Who
- Information provided by L.G.
- 1947 (November 12) Spokesman-Review (Spokane, WA) news article that references “Members of the old Junior Legion corps”
- 1967 Washington & Alaska article
- 1972 (January 28) Edmonton Journal article
- 1964 (December) DC World
- 1964 (unknown month) DC World
- 1960 (December) DC World – Blackhawks
- 1960 (October) DC World – Appleknockers
- 1962 (September 12) DC World – Pippins
- 1962 (July) DC World – Auburn Blackhawks
- 1963 (February) DC World – Jolly Jesters & Thunderbirds
- 1976 Spartans show program – Oregon Crusaders join
- 1977 Black Watch show program – Kennedy Continentals
- 1961 (April) DC World – West Seattle Jr Post #160 D&BC
- 1961 (Oct 28) Great Falls Tribune article – Golden Skyliners
- 1961 (Sept) and 1962 (Feb) Drum Corps World – Marionettes
- 1966 Thunderbirds show program – co-ed Hawks
- 1953 Mt Vernon & Everett AL in Burlington parade – June 21, 1953 Bellingham Herald
- 1963 (March) DC World. Lee Allen looking for sponsors for a yet unnamed Pendleton Jr DC. The Rangers official formation date is November 1963.
- 1956 (July 3rd ) “The World” Coos Bay Jr D&BC history
- 1927 (June 11) Tacoma Daily Ledger – Longview AL Sr Corps
- 2004 (July 1) Spokesman Review – Spokane Thunder